The Boston Red Sox are planning to visit the White House

Acasă Forumuri Centru multifunctional de resurse in autism The Boston Red Sox are planning to visit the White House

Acest subiect conține 0 răspunsuri are 1 voce și a fost actualizat ultima dată de  zhangzk acum 4 luni, 1 săptămână.

Vizualizare 1 articol (din 1 în total)
  • Autor

zhangzk
    Participant

World Series championship with President Donald Trump Michael Wacha Jersey , but team president Sam Kennedy said those plans could change if the ongoing government shutdown continues into next month, perPeter Abraham of the Boston Globe.Abraham reported that „several” unidentified players have said they won’t attend.”We would expect a healthy representation of ownership, executives, coaches and players,” Kennedy said. „Everybody is aware of the date.”Although MLB clubs usually visit the White House during the regular season, often when they’re in the area to face the Washington Nationals or Baltimore Orioles, the Red Sox are going to take a one-day trip during spring training.Kennedy said they will „obviously adjust” if the White House suggests doing so and pointed out their communication with the staff there has „stalled” during the shutdown.”We thought an earlier visit rather than waiting until later in the year made the most sense,” he said about the projected February trip.On Monday, Trump paid for afast-food mealfor the College Football Playoff national champion Clemson Tigers on their visit with much of the White House food staff currently furloughed.While the offerings, which included Wendy’s, McDonald’s and pizza Ozzie Smith Jersey , led to internet backlash and offers from celebrities for more traditional fine-dining options, the Tigers seemed toenjoy the food.Red Sox manager Alex Cora, whocalledTrump „disrespectful” for his Twitter messages questioning the death toll in Cora’s native Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria in 2017, said he won’t skip the trip, per Abraham.”I’m planning on attending and using this platform in a positive way for us,” Cora said.According to Abraham, attendance will not be mandatory for Red Sox players and staff.Boston defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers in five games to win the 2018 World Series in October. PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — With Manny Machado now officially the Padres‘ third baseman, Ian Kinsler can focus on playing second base for San Diego.Kinsler, fresh off a World Series title with the Boston Red Sox, was on a long list of possibilities at third base before that talk was squelched when Machado agreed this week to a $300 million Albert Pujols Jersey , 10-year contract.“The buzz was circulating around camp and everyone was really excited about it,” Kinsler said. “He is a threat. You don’t want to see him at the plate and late-game situations. He’s a game changer.”Kinsler can now shift all of his focus to second base.“We brought him in with the expectation of playing at second base for the majority of the time,” manager Andy Green said. “If we wanted to explore more versatility, if our roster didn’t change, then we would explore that versatility.”Kinsler has played only two innings at third base in his 13-year career.The Padres are Kinsler’s fifth team. He opened last season with the Los Angeles Angels before being traded to Boston at the deadline. He played in 11 postseason games as the Red Sox won their fourth World Series title since 2004.“To be a champion, you have to bring it every day,” said Kinsler, who played in the World Series with Texas in 2010 and 2011. “There are no breaks. At this level, you have to bring your best every day if you want to win a championship. Last year was refreshing for me to get back into that environment.”He then signed an $8 million, two-year contract with the Padres.“I had some good opportunities all come together at the same time but I felt like this was a really good fit for me and just jumped on it,” Kinsler said. “There’s a lot of excitement here. Anywhere there’s an exciting atmosphere with young talent and a team that can make waves quickly http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-marcell-ozuna-jersey , it’s always fun to be a part of. I’m looking forward to it.”During spring training, Kinsler is back in his home state. He grew up in Tucson and attended Arizona State University his sophomore season. He transferred to Missouri, where he hit .335 his junior season and made the All-Big-12 Conference second team.“I love it here,” Kinsler said. “The pink mornings, big moons and sun, mountains, it just brings back a lot of memories. I think you always love to be back where you spent your childhood.”

Vizualizare 1 articol (din 1 în total)

Trebuie să fii autentificat pentru a răspunde la acest subiect.

AUTISM ROMANIA - Asociatia Parintilor Copiilor cu Autism
Adresa: Calea Grivitei, nr. 71, Bucuresti, Romania
Tel.: 0731 816 880  |  E-mail: office@autismromania.ro